Revival of an Alberta Corporation

If a corporation fails to file its annual returns for two years in a row, it will be struck by the Alberta Corporate Registries. To resume business operations in Alberta, the corporation needs to file articles of revival, and all overdue annual returns. It's important to keep in mind that corporations that have been dissolved for 10 or more years cannot be revived. 

Anyone who has been affected by a corporation's dissolution, such as a director, shareholder, or creditor with monetary or legal rights, or someone who had a direct relationship with the corporation before it was dissolved, can revive the corporation. In other words, an interested person can take the necessary steps to bring the dissolved corporation back to life.

Steps to file for Corporate Revival

Step 1: Fill in the following forms:

Step 2: Get an Alberta NUANS report

If your corporation has been dissolved for three or more years, you need to obtain an Alberta NUANS report to determine if any other corporations with similar names have been registered after your corporation's dissolution. This requirement does not apply to a corporation with a numbered name. 

To obtain an Alberta NUANS report, you can email a request from or visit our office. 

Step 3: Form Submission

Please fill out the online service request form below in its entirety. Be sure to attach all the required forms mentioned above and provide at least one piece of government-issued photo identification, such as a driver's license, passport, or permanent resident card (PR cards require a second piece of ID with it).

Corporate Revival Request Form

    Delivery Method

    Terms & Conditions Statement: