Vehicle Registration Renewal
Vehicle registrations expire on an assigned month based on your surname. The expiry date is stated on your current vehicle registration certificate or you can refer to the registration expiry date chart.
Licence plate expiry stickers are no longer required as of January 1, 2021
Online Renewal - Digital Download
Once your request has been completed, you can download your registration certificate from the My Digital Downloads on the My Account section of the MyAlberta eServices site. The registration certificate can be printed on plain white paper or presented from your mobile device.
You will not receive a physical Certificate of Vehicle Registration in the mail. Please refer to the eligibility section below prior to online renewal.
Remember to select "ACCU-SEARCH REGISTRIES INC." as your Registry Agent, feel free to contact us if you encounter any problems during the renewal process.
Online Renewal - Paper Copy
If you do not have a verified MyAlberta Digital ID, you can still submit your request using the link below. However this option will not give you online access to a digital certificate of registration. The physical certificate will be delivered based on your choice of delivery.
- Customer pickup (No additional charge, ready for pickup within 1-2 business days upon submission)
- Canada Post - Regular Mail / No Tracking information - subject to Canada Post's term and condition (+ $1.50 plus GST)
- Canada Post Xpresspost (Major cities in Alberta) / 2 business days (Tracking available) - subject to Canada Post's term and condition ( + $18.00 plus GST )
Online renewals are available for
- Class 3 private passenger vehicles including cars, light trucks, vans, motorcycles, off-highway vehicles or motorhomes
- Class 2 farm vehicles – which includes trucks, utility vehicles and cargo vans
- Class 1 or Class 3 commercial trailers
- Class 1 car rental
You can renew online if:
- Your vehicle is not registered as a fleet or company vehicle
- Your address has not changed
- Your registration has not been expired for more than 12 months
- Your vehicle has valid insurance
- You want to renew your vehicle registration for one year
If you attempt to renew any other vehicle types than those listed above or if any of the following conditions apply, your request will be rejected:
- Any outstanding fines.
- Maintenance enforcement restrictions.
- Outstanding motor vehicle debt.
To renew online, you’ll need:
- Registration Number (found on your existing registration certificate) and your License Plate Number
- The insurance details from your Pink Card
- Credit Card (VISA, MasterCard or American Express)
- Current web browser (Internet Explorer 6 or higher, Firefox, Chrome or Safari)
In Person Renewal
To renew your vehicle registration in person, please have the following ready when you come in:
- Proof of valid Alberta insurance
- Alberta driver's license